Friday, August 22, 2008

It's (Almost) the Weekend!

We don't really have any plans this weekend and I could not be more thrilled.

I plan on cleaning the apartment, running some errands, watching some TV. Nothing too taxing. My father was visiting last weekend so we spent a lot of time with him.

Our street is having a block party this weekend that could be fun. It's certainly seems to be a well organized block party with a pet parade, kids events and 2 bands playing. Last year, there was a block party in our old neighborhood which consisted of the fire department coming and opening up the hydrant for an hour or so, the adults sitting on their porches drinking beer and me getting yelled at by the kids in the neighborhood because I forgot how to play hopscotch.

We'll see how this block party shakes out tomorrow, but it seems like it'd be fun to go to for a bit. There seem to be a lot of families with young children on our street so it'd be nice to make some friends.

No comments: