Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Holding Pattern

I feel like nothing's really going on with me right now, other than waiting. I wish I had more exciting things to blog about but all I've really been doing lately is counting down the days until this baby comes. I also wish I had things to talk about besides this baby, but I don't. Everything going on with me right now is baby-centric.

My thoughts lately are consumed with what we still need to get, need to do and how much longer I have until maternity leave or my due date. My days are preoccupied with the alien feelings in my stomach. I'm a little behind on some things at work and I'm trying to get those wrapped up soon, just in case, but I'm so easily distracted.

Sorry for the cop-out blog post today. Maybe something crazy will happen on the bus this evening so I have something to blog about tomorrow. Until then, I'll keep obsessing over baby kicks and counting days (21 business days until maternity leave and about 6 weeks until my due date).

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

You've probably heard this a thousand times, but seriously, enjoy these last days and nights. Go out to dinner, movies, etc because you won't feel like it for quite a while after. Don't worry, the wonder of having a baby makes it worth it.

Fluffy Windover said...

I know what you mean. I think, eat, sleep BABY. I really have nothing else going on. I'm trying to read a couple books, but I stop every few sentences to think/worry about something baby-related.