Friday, August 15, 2008

Hate To Admit It

But the Crazy Bus Man was right.

I had been having some stomach issues this week and felt extremely nauseous all day yesterday (what's worse than actually throwing up? Being so nauseous and not being able to throw up). I left work early and called my OB on my way home since it was the third day this week I had been sick. I stopped at CVS, got the universal sick food of saltines and ginger ale and went home to lay on my couch.

The triage nurse called awhile later and I explained what I had been feeling. She recommended I go to the OB Triage at the hospital to see if I was dehydrated. I got Fredo and off we went.

A little while later, I found myself hooked up to an IV and having some contractions. The contractions weren't that bad and it would have been a lot scarier if I wasn't already at the hospital. After 1 1/2 IV bags, I was released and was sent home.

I'm trying to drink a lot more water than usual today and from now on. I don't want to make a repeat appearance at the hospital again anytime soon.

But Crazy Bus Man was right. After all, he was only trying to help.

1 comment:

CaraBee said...

Don't you hate it when it turns out someone you wanted so badly to think was loony turns out to be right? Glad the situation worked out okay, though.