Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Uninspired

I've got nothing... really, nothing.

I feel like I'm in a bit of a funk these past couple of days. Fredo's out of town, leaving me alone with Ava, who has been, I hate to say it, a bit of a jerk lately. She's still sleeping at night, which, thank GOD but naps have sucked. She goes down and sleeps for between 20 and 40 minutes. That has not left me enough time for anything. I hosted a play date today and spent the past two days cleaning the apartment. It shouldn't take that long but I've had to squeeze in bits and pieces here and there while Ava was in her crib taking a faux nap or in her exer saucer thing or after she went to bed. This has led me to broach the subject of getting a cleaning person once or twice a month when we go to MN. I mean, it's only going to get harder to find the time the more active she gets, right?

Ugh.. I just, I don't know. I'm just out of sorts. I lost one of the stones from my wedding band yesterday. My grandmother fell last week and broke her pelvis and my mom is down in FL helping her. This impending move is looming over my head. I can't leave the room without Ava screaming and crying. I've just got a lot going on that's all sucky, frankly and I'm trying to not let it get me down but I just feel...sad.

I'm just having an off day, I guess.

4 comments:

mep said...

Definitely hire a cleaning person when you move but realize then that you will be running around in a panic, shoving things in different places, the night before the cleaner is due to arrive.

Hang in there! The short naps are probably just a phase!

Bailey said...

I will definitely be the person who cleans before the cleaning person shows up!

CaraBee said...

I wholeheartedly recommend a cleaning person because it does not get easier. We had one when I worked. If we could afford it, I would totally do it again. I did NOT clean before they came but my husband did. I liken it to brushing your teeth before you go to the dentist. You go to get your teeth cleaned, fercryinoutloud.

Fluffy Windover said...

I feel you on the short naps. Edwin only sleeps for 30-40 minutes at a time. I swear he's on a timer. I always feel down when I'm behind on cleaning. I'm considering having my mom come take care of Edwin for a day so I can just clean uninterrupted. Also we have 2 dogs and 2 cats so really, it's never clean, even right after you clean. I would have to vacuum all day long to ever be rid of animal hair.