Monday, March 23, 2009

Suck It HGTV

Last weekend, in lieu of drinking green beer for St. Patrick's Day, I watched a crap ton of HGTV. Shows like "Design on a Dime" inspired me to makes some changes to our living room, in hopes of it looking like an adult's apartment instead of a bunch of hand-me-down furniture thrown together in a room (which it is).
Inspired, we rearranged the furniture last Sunday and made plans to buy a new end table (eventually), get rid of our current end tables (when we buy afore-mentioned new end table), get a rug (purchased Friday) and I decided it would be a great idea to paint a bookshelf and small table black in hopes of presenting a cohesive message.
Oh my god, what a horrible idea that was. I think it will look ok when it's finally done. From far away. Please don't look too closely. Problem is, it's taking forever.
Friday night, we took the bookshelf and table apart, thinking we'll get a head start and make this go as seamlessly as possible. Saturday morning, Fredo sanded everything and then I primed everything. Sunday, I got a late start due to brunch with family and managed to get one coat of paint on each side. I left everything outside to dry. This morning, I woke up to grey skies. I got Ava fed and went outside to check on the pieces. It had started to rain so I brought everything in. I just got the 2nd coat on one side of the pieces but they are now scattered through out the apartment.




At least I have an excuse for not doing dishes today.

I think it would have been a lot less annoying to have driven the 45 min. to Ikea and just bought new stuff.

Sorry for the big block of text. Blogger is being a punk ass bitch.

No comments: