Monday, January 19, 2009

Wii-kend Wrap Up

Fredo is off today for Martin Luther King Day, which is very nice. We're going to have lunch with my former co-workers soon.

We ended up buying a Wii this weekend. We had a shower curtain catastrophe (I washed our cotton shower curtain and it shrunk...it was only catastrophic for me) so I decided I would beat the Sunday crowds at Target and go right when they opened, at 8 am. Fredo knew I was partially going that early to see if there were any Wii's in stock. He knows me so well.

I got there bright and early and was only one of 3 or 4 people waiting to buy Wii's. I got one no problem, but they didn't get any Wii Fits. I'll have to keep looking for those and have told a few friends that if they see one to get it and I'll pay them back.

We went to another Target later in the afternoon (two Targets in one day... sounds like my idea of a perfect Sunday) and bought a few games and an extra controller. I also got Sham-Wows at Target! I was almost more excited about that then I was for the new games. I wanted to go home and fill a pie plate with water to see how much my Sham-Wow could absorb. I didn't...yet.

We played a few rounds of Tiger Woods golf yesterday and we're both sore. I'll have to keep up the Shred as training for Wii.

5 comments:

jodifur said...

What is a sham-wow?

Bailey said...

It's a chamois cloth that is supposed to be super absorbent. It's an "as seen on TV" product. The guy who hawks them is like the next Billy Mays.

CaraBee said...

We bought the Sham-wow. Ordered it off TV. Vince was just too convincing. I have to admit, I'm not super impressed.

Bailey said...

Me either. Vince is a good salesman.

mep said...

I suspected you were going to get yourself a Wii -- I'm sure a Wii Fit will turn up soon. I'm glad you guys are having fun with it.

Good to have the heads up on the sham-wow.