Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eureka!

We've had a busy night tonight. We've been ski jumping, slalom skiing, tightrope walking and heading soccer balls. I found a Wii Fit today and it's been hours of entertainment since.

I went to Target to pick up Ava's portraits that we had done last week. We went and picked out a frame first, then to the baby section and then I decided to check out the video games before picking up the portraits and heading out. I walked into the Wii aisle and noticed they had a bunch of Wii's, way more than were there when I left on Sunday. I ventured further down the aisle and saw a big box that looked like it could be a Wii Fit. It wasn't locked up in the cabinets or anything so I picked it up, looked at it a few times to make sure it was, in fact, what I was looking for and proceeded to the register. I was slightly nervous that since I just helped myself someone was going to yell at me for taking their Wii Fit or something. I was even kind of hiding it behind my cart for fear that someone would try to tackle me and wrestle it out of my hands. Nothing of the sort happened and I paid for it and went on my merry way.

It's so cool! I can't wait to use it to work out tomorrow. The Shred has been out for a few days. My back has been killing me and it's too uncomfortable to do jumping jacks or anything so I've been taking it easy. I love that in the Wii Fit work-out mode, it compares your "scores" against any other Mii's that are saved. Since Fredo and I are pretty competitive with each other this should keep us motivated.

Fredo's been playing for awhile and Wii just told him to take a break! Ha, love it.

I've got my work cut out for me though. I took the fit test earlier and my Wii age is 40 (I'm 26)!

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

Don't feel bad, I took the fit test at a friend's house the other day and I was 52! I'm 34. That was a real slap in the face.

Enjoy!

Bailey said...

To make matters worse, my husband's wii age was 23. He's 30. You better believe he rubbed that in my face.

mep said...

My Wii age was 52 as well, due to very poor balance, I think. I haven't Wii Fitted much lately, but when I first started, I would do every activity long enough to beat my husband's scores!