Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You Say it's Your Birthday...

Today is my birthday. I'm usually pretty disappointed by birthdays so I don't put too much emphasis on them anymore. I wanted a Kindle this year but then life and moving and buying food and diapers got in the way. I had a nice day though. We went for a nice walk to grab some lunch and then went out to dinner. I also got some cool Chicago art to decorate the new apartment from Fredo.

On the way home from dinner with Fredo and Ava, we walked past the eL stop where there was a guy handing out flyers for a bar in the neighborhood. The two guys (it seemed like a younger guy and his dad) walking in front of us got them. Then we pass the guy....and he just looks the other way. I mean, I know we were with our kid but maybe we would have wanted to go to this bar on Wednesday.

Way to make a girl feel old and boring on her birthday, random flyer passer outer.

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

I'm a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Don't worry about those guys, I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it. Perhaps they saw such a vision of familial happiness that they didn't want to interrupt you with their silly flyer nonsense!

-R- said...

Happy belated birthday!

mep said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Love the Chicago art? Would you mind giving me a price range for it (feel silly emailing artist and "let's go from there" as says on website).

Hope you are surviving the heat!