- Ava got to see her grandparents and meet her aunts, uncle and cousins.
- She did great on the plane! She slept a good portion of both flights. We got Ava her own seat and had her in her car seat, which I totally recommend. We, however, totally eff'ed up on the way there (see Lows).
- Swimming! We took Ava swimming for the first time and after a little bit of crying, she loved it.
- We did not give ourselves enough time to get to the airport for our flight out. We made it, but got to the gate with only about 10 minutes to spare.
- I thought I was so smart buying a $20 BRU umbrella stroller just for flying. We put Ava in it in long term parking, made it through check-in and up to security. This is where the wheels came off...literally. As I was folding the stroller to put it through the x-ray machine, a wheel fell off, rolled away and we couldn't find it. I ended up throwing the stroller out as soon as we made it through security.
So now we're off to Minnesota tomorrow to find an apartment. We'll be looking at 10 places over the course of Friday afternoon and Saturday and most likely choosing a place Saturday night and signing a lease on Sunday, all with Ava in tow. Should be...interesting. But this weekend should give some blog material.