Thursday, April 23, 2009

Keep Me Out of the Kitchen Part 2

A few weeks ago, I maimed the blender. Today I finished it off. T.O.D. 9:51 am.

I was trying to puree green beans and I probably should have done smaller batches, one at a time. Impatient person that I am, I threw all of the beans (2 bags of frozen green beans) into the blender at the same time. I had the blender on puree and ice crush and liquefy with little success.

I ran the blender for awhile, probably longer than one should, when I started to smell something. And I heard noises and saw smoke. I turned off the blender, unplugged it and watched, fully expected to see flames shooting out of it. I even started to move toward the fire extinguisher, just in case. The thing didn't catch on fire, luckily, but I made it bleed it's mechanical grey blood.

Remember what I said about how I shouldn't be allowed to use appliances with out an adult present? I bet you thought I was kidding.

1 comment:

CaraBee said...

Look at the upside: NEW BLENDER!!