Monday, June 30, 2008

Case of the Mondays

It's been a typical Monday. I'm ready to go home but that's pretty much how I feel every day. I'm just not feeling work today. It could have something to do with the fact that my pay check was not correct again. I took a new position with a slight increase in pay two months ago, yet my pay checks are still not reflecting my pay increase. Needless to say, it is frustrating and makes me not want to do my job if I'm not going to be fairly compensated. But that should hopefully be all straightened out soon (even though I've thought that for the past two months now).

In other Bailey news, it was a nice weekend. Friday night, Fredo and I met up with two friends for dinner and then the final screening of the Gen Art film festival. Since I went straight from work, I had some time to kill before dinner so I did a little shopping. I got a onesie for Peanut that has a peanut on it (I could not resist) and some cute thank you cards in anticipation of my baby shower (not until August but my grandma had gotten us the stroller and car seat already). I still had some time to kill so I got a pedicure and then met everyone for dinner at Las Pinatas and then the movie. The movie was "Explicit Ills", an independant film. It was alright. I wasn't totally impressed with it but that could have something to do with the man sitting in front of me. He had long dreads that he kept flipping over the seat, which kept touching MY BARE LEG! Oh, this was when he wasn't making out with his girlfriend right in front of us. Between dodging the hair and trying not to look at the face sucking, I was a little uncomfortable by the end of the movie.

Saturday was low key--trip to the neighborhood farmer's market, got my hair cut and went to run some errands with Fredo. Then it was time to watch my White Sox beat the Cubs.

Sunday was the Gay Pride Parade. My friend had a party which was fun, but I got pretty tired and wanted to go home early. Seeing as how I'm always sober now, I have a hard time hanging out with people once they get tipsy. We headed home around 3. It started to pour as soon as we got back to our neighborhood. We tried to stop for food to no avail and then walked most of the way home in the rain. Just in time to order some food, watch TV and get ready for the White Sox to sweep the Cubs!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. Now I just have to make it through the short week so I can enjoy the 3 day holiday weekend. Can't wait!

No comments: