Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yesterday

My solo trip to the mall went as well as could be expected. We left right after Ava's nap and post nap feeding. She slept in her car seat the whole way there and slept in her stroller most of the time. There was only one time when she got a little fussy but there were no ear splitting cries and once the stroller started moving again, she conked out again. I was able to browse pretty much uninterrupted. After a little while, I felt my luck was starting to run out and that I should head out. The trip back took awhile due to traffic but she was still quiet. All in all, it was a good afternoon and it was nice to do something different.

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

Good for you! I used to think it was ridiculous when people said this to me, but I miss those days when they sleep all the time because going places with a mostly sleeping baby is less painless (although it doesn't feel like it at the time) than with a toddler.

mep said...

Congratulations on a successful outing! I second Carabee that you should enjoy the sleeping-on-the-go baby stage. I wish I had been brave enough to do more things with my first one when he was an infant. It would have helped my mental health!

As a fellow Chicago city-dweller, I'm just curious about what mall you went to . . . I don't like taking kids to Water Tower (too many levels) or to Old Orchard (except when the weather is nice). Northbrook seems too far. Ditto Woodfield. Last winter, I took my Bub to the Lincolnwood Mall a couple times out of pure desperation.

Do you have a secret, cool, close indoor mall that I should know about?