Saturday, November 8, 2008

Girls Night Out

I went out to dinner with my girls last night and had a great time. It was so nice to get out of the house for a few hours and to have a great meal and glass of wine.

We went to a restaurant in my neighborhood called Chalkboard. It's such a cute place with a really interesting menu. From what I understand, the menu changes often depending on what the chef wants to make and what's in season. There's a giant chalkboard on the wall detailing their many (delicious sounding) specials. We all had such a hard time deciding what to order. Interestingly enough, their specialty is fried chicken and mashed potatoes. One of my friends ordered it and it was delicious.

When we got to the restaurant, it was pretty empty, which worked out well since we had some catching up to do. As the it got later, the place got busier. A couple came in as we were eating and we had a great time listening to them. The woman seemed, um shall we say, hard to please. We overheard her complain about sitting next to the window since the restaurant is across the street from a diner that advertises "Waffle House Chicken". She even made her dining companion switch seats with her, although she was still next to the window so I don't know what good it did. We ended up tuning out her bitching.

After a delightful meal, we were gathering up our coats. I happened to look over at that couple and noticed the woman had ordered the fried chicken. I laughed all the way out of the restaurant. For someone so offended by the waffle house chicken across the street, it struck me as quite funny that she ended up ordering the fried chicken from Chalkboard. I hope she enjoyed it so the man she was with didn't have to listen to her.

1 comment:

CaraBee said...

Glad you had a good time! Those girl's nights out are critical for your sanity. Well, for my sanity, anyways. Projecting, here.