Thursday, July 9, 2009

This Just In... Moving SUCKS!

I've been so busy the past couple of weeks packing, packing and more packing. I've been trying to see friends that I probably won't see before we leave and just getting ready to get out of Dodge.

We go on vacation for a full week on Saturday which seemed like a great idea at the time until we decided to move an entire year earlier than planned. Now Ava and I get back from vacation and move less than a week later.

So, yeah, I've been a little stressed out.

To make matters worse, they (and I'm not really sure who "they" are, the management company? An outside agency?) started showing our apartment this week which is all well and good, except that they didn't have our phone number written down correctly so when they called to tell us they were coming by, they were leaving messages for someone who was not us. Imagine our surprise when we decided to go for a walk one day and came home to random people leaving our apartment. And then I walked into our bedroom and saw no less than 3 of my bras out in the open, including one that had been hanging from the door knob to dry. That same day, our doorbell rang as I was fixing Ava's dinner (I hid my undergarments before we answered the door) and we had to delay bedtime by 15 minutes so that another group could come tour the place. I think it's rented already though because people have come by to look at the apartment downstairs and not this one.

So there's a very brief update as to whats been going on. I'm off to pack more....

1 comment:

jodifur said...

Don't even get me started on moving. We sold out house, but haven't found anything to buy so we are moving in a month too.....

I DON'T KNOW. We sold out house to be homeless!

(we can move in with my parents. Yipee!)