Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gilt-y Pleasure

My latest obsession? Online sample sales.

As I've mentioned before, I love a bargain. I also love designer clothes, shoes, purses and accessories. My two loves do not usually go hand in hand.

And then I discovered the online sample sale. A friend sent me an invitation to Gilt Groupe awhile back. I was reluctant to join as I still had all of the baby weight to lose and no reason to wear anything nicer than jeans and sweatshirts. While I still don't have much reason to wear anything other than jeans and sweatshirts, I'm slowly losing the weight and craving new clothes.

A few weeks ago there was an article in the Sunday Chicago Tribune about these members only websites. The Trib provided invitations to these sites and I've been hooked ever since.

I bought a new pair of jeans on Ruelala.com. They retail for $175 and I got them for $55!

I also hit up gilt.com for these.






I can't wait to receive them. It will almost make all of the rainy spring days ahead exciting!

I'm sure my husband is really psyched about my new hobby.

**Since these sites are invite only, if anyone wants some fun online sale access, leave me your email address in the comments and I will send you an invitation!**

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

Interesting! I had no idea such things existed! Sadly, even the $55 is out of my range at the moment.

jodifur said...

I've never even heard of these, I need to check them out!