Monday, August 24, 2009

What To Do?

Everyday I'm faced with the daunting task of figuring out what we will do today. I need to get out of the house at least once a day or else the day is sooo looong and boooring and drags oonnnn foreverrrr.

I have no idea what to do today. I would go for a walk but, um, I pulled a butt muscle playing Wii Sports Resort bowling.

It's supposed to be hot (-ish) today so maybe we'll try the pool later.

This is one of the things I miss most about Chicago. There was so much to do. We went to the park a lot. I had friends to meet up with. When we didn't have plans, we just went for walks to look in shops or just look at houses around us.

I don't have any of that here. I just looked into the city sponsored early childhood education classes for next month (which are supposed to be great) that meet once a week and of course, Ava is too old for the baby classes but too young for the toddler classes. Looks like we won't be doing that this year.

I never thought I would ever say this, but... I am so bored, I want to join a gym. At least then we'd have somewhere to go.

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

I deal with this everyday. Most days I do go to the gym, but today I just didn't have it in me. We wound up going to a local nursery that has a small petting zoo and some kids playground type equipment (a big wooden boat, kid's size school bus, etc). That killed an hour or so, but what to do with the rest of the day? It's tough.

April Greer said...

That's funny. I have 2 gym memberships and I still don't go...I'd probably break something playing WII!