Monday, June 23, 2008

First One

Today is my inaugural blog post. I have been kicking around the idea of starting a blog since I've gotten hooked on reading a bunch. I started reading blogs to help pass the time at work (I could have been working but c'mon really? Who does that?). So I'm giving it a try.

My goal in starting this blog is to have a forum for the frustrations and joys of my last few months of being pregnant, a place to write my thoughts when I'm waiting for this baby to come and most importantly an outlet after the baby comes but in all honesty, this will probably just end up being a place to bitch about the minutiae of my life.

Like today. My husband and I have been members of Gen Art (http://www.genart.org/) in Chicago for the past two years. I was a fashion design major in college and when I graduated and got a "real job", I joined Gen Art as a way to keep a toe in the Chicago fashion and arts scene. Oh and they have free drinks at their events.

Tonight is the beginning of the Gen Art Film Festival. There is a movie and a party every night this week. Did I mention I am 6 months pregnant? I go to bed at 9:30 pm usually. The screenings don't start until 7:30 pm. I'm wondering how many of these movie screenings I will actually make it to. My membership expires in 2 weeks and will not be renewed since a year's membership is expensive and that money could be better spent on all things baby. So this is my last Gen Art hoorah. I want to make the most of the film festival and go to as many screenings/parties as I can. But realistically? I will probably make it to two. We're planning on going tonight because it's not too far from our house and the after party is right down the street. And then? Who knows. And I kinda want to say, "screw it", go for $1 burgers and then go right back home and lay on my couch.

So this is my biggest problem today. It's rough, I tells ya.

No comments: